Georgia Institute of Independent Real Estate Study - GIIRES
Print This Page
We are delighted that you have chosen the Georgia Institute of Independent Real Estate Study (GIIRES) for your real estate education. You can be assured that the GIIRES staff and faculty are committed to helping you be successful in your new career.
We have the distinction of being the oldest provider of real estate education in Georgia. Our rich history of providing quality education, a broad range of courses, and the best on-line learning experience has made our school a valuable real estate training resource.
One of the centerpieces of our success is the loyalty of our students, many of whom return again and again. We thank you for choosing GIIRES and hope that you will continue to tell your friends about us.
The following pages contain important information that will be helpful to you as you progress through and complete the course. PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE COURSE ON-LINE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND CONTACTED THE SCHOOL STAFF IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. We can be contacted at:
Rebecca L. Fletcher, ABR, GRI, RCE
VP of Education & Director, GA Institute of Real Estate
About the School
Approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission, School Code #351; renewable on 12/31/2015
Contact the school staff by telephone at 404.252.6768, 1.800.633.3583, or by e-mail at GIREcbt@LearningRealEstate.com.
Office hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Corporate offices are located at 5784 Lake Forrest Drive, Atlanta, GA 30328
About Computer Requirements
- Audio Capabilities
- Internet connection
- PC or Mac Compatible
About the Course & Course Materials
Online courses are computer-based, independent study programs and no in-class hours are required.
Content questions? E-mail the Online Educational Consultant, Karen Loftus, at Karen@LearningRealEstate.com
Technical questions? E-mail technical support at Support@WebToolSet.com
Administrative questions? Contact the school staff by phone at 404.252.6768, Ext. 126 or 800.633.3582 or by e-mail at gire@LearningRealEstate.com between regular business hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday.
All required materials are included within the online course.
Sales or Broker Prelicense - an electronic version of the textbook, Real Estate Dynamics, is included with your course. If you prefer your own copy, the book is available for $55.00 at the school office. We can ship to you for an additional $8.00. Contact the school staff.
Sales Prelicense & Broker Prelicense Courses
Sales Cram Course
- Complete all chapter modules and homework; you must score an 80% on lesson quizzes and 90% on all Chapter Summary Quizzes to receive credit.
- After completion of all chapters, complete the on-line Student Affidavit and Course Evaluation. Attend Cram Course - Optional but strongly recommended.
- You can review the Cram Course schedules and register on-line at www.LearningRealEstate.com.
Broker Cram Course
- An optional 2-day weekend in-class “Real Estate Principles & Practices Comprehensive Review” (Cram Course) is available approximately every two weeks for an additional fee of $60 for GIIRES students. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity and attend the Cram Course before taking the school and state exams. Pre-registration is required and the classes frequently fill up early. The schedule is available on-line at www.LearningRealEstate.com. Register on-line or you can contact the school staff for registration.
School and State Exam Information - REQUIRED for Sales and Broker Students
- An optional 1-day Broker-specific Cram Course is available to additionally prepare you for the Georgia simulation Broker exam. These courses are scheduled periodically throughout the year to coincide with the end of GIRE Broker classroom courses. The content includes a review of basic concepts, classroom exercises and AMP simulations and is designed to push you over the top on your state exam.
You are REQUIRED to carefully complete a profile when you register for your school exam. GIIRES cannot report your successful completion of the course to the GA Real Estate Commission until you have completed this profile. Sometimes mistakes are made when you enter your information, resulting in prolonging the period before you can take the state exam and receive your new real estate license.
Follow the instructions below to complete this process.
- Go to GIIRES Testing Registration
- When you have completed the exam registration, you will receive an e-mail confirmation which you should bring the day of your exam.
- Current Testing Schedule for final exam - Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00 am. You are allowed 4 hours for the final exam. Testing days are subject to change. If you are driving a long distance, we recommend you call the day before to confirm. Arrive 15 minutes before scheduled testing time. If you are late, you will not be allowed to test that day.
- Leave all book bags, handbags, briefcases, cell phones, etc. in your car.
- Sign in and present picture identification.
- Wait in the lobby area until you are escorted to the testing room.
- No food, drinks or gum are allowed in the computer lab.
At the conclusion of the exam, you will immediately see your results. A “Strength and Weakness” report, which can be used to prepare for the state exam or a retake exam if you do not pass the first exam, will be e-mailed to you. Passing for the final exam is 75%. If you fail to score 75%, you can retake the final exam. If you fail to pass the second time, you must retake the entire course for $150. The Georgia Real Estate Commission only allows you two opportunities to pass any school final exam. You are expected to take the final exam & retake exam, if necessary, within one month from the end of your course. If this is not possible, contact the GIIRES staff for options. The school will electronically transmit your completion date to the GA Real Estate Commission after you have passed the school exam. 48 Hours are usually required to process your application and proof of completion. After 48 hours, contact AMP at 1-800-345-6559 or visit their website, www.goAMP.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to schedule your state exam.
Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) has a helpful Candidate Handbook available on their website: www.goAMP.com. You can print this handbook using the following instructions:
Continuing Education Courses
- On the AMP website homepage, under "Candidates", click on "Get Started"
- Click on "Handbooks, Special Accommodations and Rescheduling"
- Then "Click here for Candidate Handbook"
- Select a Category - click on “Real Estate”
- Select a Program - click on “GA Examination Program”
- Select an Examination - either choose Salesperson or Broker
- You can either print or view the Candidate Handbook
- Complete all lessons, homework and score at least a 90% on all Chapter Summary Quizzes.
- Complete the on-line Student Affidavit and Course Evaluation.
- Notify the school staff if your license is lapsed.
- Upon completion, the GIIRES school staff will report your Continuing Education credit hours to the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
All on-line courses must be completed within six (6) months from the date of enrollment. A one-month extension to complete a Prelicense course is available for a $25 fee. Contact the school staff.
There are NO refunds for Continuing Education courses.
Refunds for on-line Sales & Broker Prelicense courses are given only within 15 days of enrollment and only when less than 10% of the course has been completed.
The vendor name that appears on your credit card statement will be WEBTOOLSET.com.
Transfers & Retakes
Transfers from GIIRES on-line courses to GIRE classroom courses are available for Sales and Broker Prelicense students for a $100 transfer fee within one year of original enrollment. You are required to purchase current textbooks, if necessary, and pay the difference between the cost of the on-line course and the classroom course. Contact the school staff to transfer.
If you fail the school exam twice, you can retake the course for a retake fee of $150. Retake registration is available on-line.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
No recruiting for employment opportunities for any real estate brokerage firm is allowed during any portion of an approved course nor during the registration process. Promptly report any effort to recruit by anyone to the GIIRES Director at 404.252.6768 or 800.633.3583 or the Georgia Real Estate Commission at 404.656.3916. (Commission Rule 520-2-.15)
If you desire more information on disability access, contact the GIIRES Director at 404.732.0641. Specialized accommodation services must be requested two months prior to your anticipated time of enrollment. GIIRES is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against students or employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disabling condition, age, veteran status or sexual orientation in its programs and activities.
IT IS A SERIOUS VIOLATION OF THE GEORGIA REAL ESTATE COMMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS TO SHARE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT EITHER THE SCHOOL OR STATE EXAMINATIONS. This information is contained in 520-1-.13(8) Examinations. Amended and states the following:
- “An examinee’s supplying to others, or attempting to supply to others, any information concerning the content of any qualifying examination, administered by or approved by the Commission shall be grounds for denial of license or the imposition of any sanction permitted by O.C.G.A. Section 43-40-25.”
- Please do not jeopardize your career or the careers of others by sharing exam information. This is considered a serious violation by the Georgia Real Estate Commission and there are severe consequences for violators.
Lawful Present Form
The Georgia “Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011” requires all applicants for a new real estate license submit a signed and sworn affidavit verifying your lawful presence in the United States.
The form can be found on the Georgia Real Estate Commission's website, www.grec.state.ga.us or at the link below.
The form MUST be notarized and submitted with a verifiable ID such as a driver’s license, passport, or a military ID: GREC GREAB Lawful Presence Verification (11 30 11)
Criminal History Report
You are required to obtain, at your expense, a copy of your criminal history report to receive a GA real estate license and should not be obtained more than 60 days prior to making application for a license.
This report is issued by the GA Crime Information Center of the GA Bureau of Investigation. This GCIC report indicates whether you have any record of a criminal history. You can obtain this information from your local police or sheriff’s department. A partial list follows this section, for your reference. We try to keep this information current and accurate. If you find errors, please contact the school staff at 404-252-6768.
This report will cost you between $5.00 and $25.00 depending on the local department. You will also need to show a picture ID and Social Security Card.
If you have a prior criminal conviction or disciplinary action, include DUI’s, you should file an application for a preliminary decision with the GA Real Estate Commission before or immediately upon enrollment in this course. Use the Preliminary Decision Application found in the AMP Candidate Handbook. If you wait to seek a Commission review of a conviction or disciplinary action until you have taken the state exam, you will experience a delay in obtaining your license.